Jul 29, 2019
In this episode of the Millionaire Mindcast, we have Petr
Ludwig, who talks about procrastination, what a lot of people are
impacted with, and it is something that holds people back from
achieving the optimal results and optimal life. He shares his
strategies on how to minimize and stop it in order to live a
happier, rich, and fulfilling life!
Petr Ludwig is a keynote speaker, the Founder of the
procrastination.com, and co-author of the best-selling
book “The End of Procrastination”, who are dedicated to
overcoming the habit of putting off tasks and responsibilities.
This man has a passion for serving others and helping them to
optimize their life and their results. Petr is trying to spread his
message on how to fight procrastination, how to be more productive,
effective, and efficient, and live happier.
He started his business when he was 14 years old with 5-10
people, where he observed procrastination that greatly affects
their business. He sees that other people working on projects and
big companies but they don’t see any values and meaningful outcomes
of what they are doing. They’re doing against what they know they
should be doing, what they’re telling themselves needs to be done
and not following through with that. They know what to do but
they’re unable to push themselves to accomplish something.
According to Petr, personal vision is important because it
creates flow on a daily basis. Focus on what is important. But do
things that you really enjoy and don’t forget to take a rest. What
makes you happy is really important. In the end, you feel much more
productive and happier because you have a great plan, and you have
a rest during the day.
Procrastination is just the opposite of living life to the
fullest. We can live in a much better world if people do what is
important to them and live according to their values.
Procrastination is connected to anxiety and depression. The more
you procrastinate, the less you believe in yourself. The more you
fail, the bigger is the chance you fail even in the future. One
failure can undermine your productivity because it goes down your
mood. When your mood is down you’re unable to push yourself to do
another task and on and on. It keeps on repeating and it’s really
dangerous in terms of mental health.
In addition, believes that having the right habits and routine
will make you happy and fulfill. It is important to set every day
one simple task that is outside of your comfort zone. If you make a
habit outside of your comfort zone, your will power is growing
gradually and constantly. You’ll be surprised you’re able to
resist temptation, you’re not able to check your social media
accounts often, and your will power is growing.
Petr’s near-death experience changes his life. He believes that
you don’t need to experience the same to change your life. You can
change yourself and live life to the fullest!
Some Questions I Ask:
- What is going on in your world right now, what’s new for you?
- What lead you into this journey and positioning yourself as an
expert on this topic? (02:03)
- What is your perspective on procrastination as it relates to
today the 21st century? (03:43)
- What are your thoughts on the different categories of
- Is there any positives and productive about procrastination?
- How to attack and stop the habit of procrastination?
- What are some of the key tools that people need to end
- How do you help somebody get clarity on what their vision is?
- Do you see Eastern vs. Western people procrastinating more or
less and how it impacted lives? (16:30)
- Why did you write books about procrastination? (18:29)
- What has your research uncovered around procrastination and
mental health? (23:20)
- What are some of the things that you see the highly productive
people doing consistently to fight procrastination? (27:39)
- What is the formula of overcoming procrastination? (33:14)
- What message do you leave for people who are struggling in
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The 2 main causes of procrastination. (04:02)
- Destructive procrastination. (06:15)
- The difference between having a rest and doing procrastination.
- Being lazy VS. Procrastination. (07:35)
- How to decrease decision paralyzes. (09:11)
- The 4 key areas of Ekigai that will help you live 5-10
years longer. (13:08)
- How social media ties with procrastination. (24:35)
- The key to happiness. (25:37)
- Will Power – how to boost it. (28:36)
- A special tool that fights procrastination. (29:17)
- Petr morning routine and the benefits of daily habits.
- Little heroism technique – what is it. (34:25)
- “The key of procrastination is lack of self-regulation.”
- “Procrastination is always about negative feelings.”
- “Try to focus on a few priorities.”
- “Procrastination is just the exact opposite of flow.”
- “Find your strengths and try to apply it daily.”
- “Do things that you really enjoy.”
- “Focus on some contribution to society.”
- “Having that balance is key.”
- “I’m trying to live every day to the fullest.”
- “Procrastination is just the opposite of living life to the
- “To really find the purpose of our life is a key to fight
- “You don’t need to experience the same to change your
- “Procrastination is something that is terribly terribly
- “Self-confidence is really the habit of keeping promises to
yourself and following through to your word.”
- “The more you procrastinate, the less you believe in
- “The more you fail, the bigger is the chance you fail even in
the future. “
- “Social media often drives our attention out of what is
- “Happiness is about overcoming your procrastination.”
- “The best ways to boost your will power are really
- “Every day I want to do something that I overcome myself to
step out of my comfort zone.”
- “Vision without action is the daydream and action without
vision is a nightmare.”
- “The system at the end is very simple but it’s not easy.”
- “If you’re happy you’ll live much fulfill and longer
- “You can change yourself.”
Connect with Petr Ludwig on: